Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Navy Construction Battalion (CB): USN Seabees

This one was tons of fun to work with. I really invested my heart and soul into utter fuzziness of the bee. Enjoy.

A Seabee is a member of the Navy Construction Battalion(CB). The word "Seabee" comes from initials "CB". The Seabees have a history of building bases, bulldozing and paving thousands of miles of roadway and airstrips, and accomplishing a myriad of other construction projects in a wide variety of military theaters dating back to World War II.
Frank J. Iafrate, a civilian plan file clerk at Naval Air Station Quonset Point, Rhode Island, was the artist who designed the original Seabee logo ("Fighting 'Bee") in early 1942. The logo has remained in use, unchanged. In late 1942, after designing the logo, he enlisted in the Seabees.

As always, the above insignia are available on a limited number of selected quality products via my “Military Insignia” galleries at Zazzle. You may simply follow the direct links in the article to navigate to the corresponding galleries
I will also make my insignia designs available free of charge to any military units and personnel, for any non-profit/non-commercial and charitable causes, benefiting troops and their families. In addition, I would make my designs available free of charge to any military branches, formations and units for any non-commercial internal duty-specific purposes, such as unit-related web design, training materials or presentations, as I did on many occasions in the past.


The above information provided in part by Wikipedia, The Institute of Heraldry, Global Security, and the official websites of the corresponding units and formations.

3 comments:

  1. How large are your Seabee plaqus. And what is the price. I am looking for a mold to make one out of cement that I can paint.My husband,sons and brothers were all in the service and I'm doing large stones for them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, these are not plaques - just 3D-looking two-dimensional images. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...